Get ready for the first Pasadena Hiking Pacers Chili Cook-Off Competition!!
First the HIKE:
- There will be a hike to the Hollywood Sign prior to the cook-off.
- 5-5.5 miles roundtrip Level 1.5
- Meeting Location: Parking lot by the Merry Go-Round (see map:https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4KbdJhDynrIdG9qUUc1am5NNzg).
- The hike will start promptly at 7:30 AM.
The PHP will be hosting this Chili Cook-Off at Griffith Park after our nice hike. The Cook-Off should start as the hikers return from the hike around 10-11am. If you want to just come for the Cook-Off only, feel free to RSVP and bring your tasting tongue.
If you make a yummy chili, come join the competition to see if you will reign as the “Chili King”! The winner will be chosen using your votes (in dollars donated) stuffed into the competitor’s green can. Remember to bring plenty of singles to make sure your vote is heard. Ballot stuffing is encouraged. The chili cook with the most votes will be the winner! All donations will benefit the PHP.
DETAILS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO COMPETE:
- Please let us know if you are planning on competing by commenting on the posting here or e-mailing Todd (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- All competitors should keep their receipts for their supplies to be reimbursed by the PHP.
- You must prepare your own chili at home and bring it to Griffith Park (or make it on site if you dare) on Sunday morning.
- Be set up and ready to serve the chili in small tastes to all attendees before 10 a.m. We will provide some of these supplies so ask Todd.
- Have some way to warm up your chili at the park.
- CHEATING IS ALLOWED! Make sure to bring your A game…if it were me, I’d have a secret weapon to sway those votes like a side dish, drink, or hot wife handing out the food…just an idea.
-Be prepared to flaunt your bragging rights as the “Chili King”!!!
DETAILS FOR EVERYONE:
- The cook-off will be taking place at the picnic tables SE of the tennis courts (see map: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4KbdJhDynrIdG9qUUc1am5NNzg)